Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 5, 2024

Yet Again...

 

Everything seemed normal when my telemedicine appointment began.  The nurse took my vitals & as we were preparing to go to the actual telemed part, it happened.  She asked me if I knew yet.   I didn't have any idea what she was talking about & thought that somehow my appointment had been cancelled.  

No, not cancelled, just a repeat of something that it seems I need to get used to.  The doctor I had been seeing just quit.  I have no idea why, but it must have been very recent, because his name was on everything that morning.  After the appointment, I checked, his name was gone.   My appointment was rather impromptu with a new doctor.   She could've been a resident or post residency.  For now, I will probably cycling through people until they hire a new full timer.  

My dentist did this to me.  My former telemedicine doctor did this.  My former primary care physician did this.  For a bit I saw a Nurse Practitioner at a walk in clinic.  I wasn't even an active patient when he left, but I still got a letter stating that by "this date" he would no longer be available.  That date was over a month after I received the notice.  A NP I was no longer seeing, was the only medical professional I've seen with enough courtesy & respect to be polite & informative.   That sucks.

I don't know what happened to my former telemed doctor.  I probably never will.  But there goes over a year of trying to get used to someone else.  I guess  professional rapport is just a thing of the past.

Anyway, I guess other than that chaos, the appointment went well.  I should be on a new med soon, Dovato.  I called my new primary & left a message about it.  I don't know if it's been received of not.   I go again in 6 months.

I don't appreciate surprises.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment