Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 19, 2024

Hard Yesterday, Repairs & Little Spot...

 

Yesterday wasn't easy.  I had to have repair people over to work on the freezer.  They say it's operating alright & if it stops cooling too much, the only to do is replace it.  They did manage to unclog the defrost drain.  It had frozen over.

We still have some porch & yard cats.  The grey, Chonk tom stopped showing in July.  During that time a pregnant mother cat made her to the barn with her kitten in tow.  Soon, there were 3 more kittens.  A couple months later, she was pregnant again & then disappeared.  That left us with 2 porch cats.  A loud female we call Mu after her meow.  The other is a rough looking, tuxedo tom, called Tux. 

The 4 other kittens did OK until yesterday.  We called 1, Little Spot, he was yellow with a pale spot on his shoulder.  He was friendly & would try to interact with us as much as his feral nature would let him.  He got to where he'd nose my hand before running off.   

Somehow he got hurt, maybe hit or fell from a tree.  He'd had some kind of spinal injury.  There was nothing I could do for.  I managed to catch him & take him.  Just a few months old & already gone.  I know it was the best, kindest decision I could make.  I just wish there'd been other options.  If I hadn't, he would've died in a much worse way, possibly starving & scared.  Still, he should've had a better life.  

I wish you well in your next life Little Spot. You made me smile when so little does these days.  You were a brightness in my day.   You were adored & will be missed.  Run free.

Please be kind to strays & ferals.  They didn't ask for that life.  People did that & only people can help reduce the numbers of in-need animals.  Whether a stray is 4 legged or 2, if you can't be kind at least don't do them any harm.

So long Little Spot.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment