Total Pageviews

Friday, September 6, 2024

Dovato...

 


I'll take my Dovato for the 1st time today.  This is a link to Dovato's site.  I shouldn't have any problems with this medication.  Both meds in it are in Triumeq.   This is the same minus Abacavir.   Some people are hypersensitive to Abacavir.  According to research coming out for a bit now, it looks like this med can lead to heart issues in some people.  

Points for the new med.  It's much smaller.  Abacavir was the largest component of Triumeq.  The bottle itself is about an inch shorter.  I'm already on these meds.  The med has 5+ years on the market, so it's been around longer in research.  There are a lot of articles comparing efficacy of Dovato to other meds & found the medication to be non-inferior.  I hate that phrasing. Why not say, as good or performs the same?  

Another point here, if Abacavir is found to be too problematic, they will probably pull it & any meds containing it.   Triumeq could be on its last legs.  I was on it for 7+ years.  I only started Triumeq because the manufacturers stopped producing Didanosine.  That happened with Fortovase as well.  I had to stop taking Combivir because of AZT.  This is the 1st time I've opted to make a change.  It feels weird.  

Here's hoping for a good outcome with Dovato.  Take care.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment