It's not unusual for an article suggest making various things "normal" in treating, maintaining & living with HIV. The problem is that this approach assumes there is a base starting point for most people. That's just not valid.
I don't have nearly the resources many people in the US have. I'm rural, of limited resources & don't have much in the way of support. It's me, my roomie, my medical providers, my pharmacist & that's it. Only my roomie has anything more that a passing interest. I'm doing what I can with what I have. Is it a lot, is it even enough? No, it probably isn't. There are a lot of things that could've made these last 2+ decades easier, better, more fulfilling, etc...
That being said, I still have it better than a lot of HIV+ people. I'm living in a place where I can get medical & pharmaceutical care, even as cursory as it is. I'm not living in a place where my sexuality or HIV is criminalized or utterly ostracized. I'm not living in a poor country dependent on a psycho tyrant for funding to get medical care.
What I'm saying, is that things could be worse, it'd be nice if they were a lot better. There is no across the board "normal" for HIV patients across my state, let alone the US or the world. Stop trying for blanket approaches, they'll never work.
That's it for now, take care.
Cya...

No comments:
Post a Comment