Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 26, 2026

Harvest Moon...

 

Last night was the 1st night of the Harvest Moon.  This moon marks the change of seasons & intent.  It's important partly due to agrarian ties.  It'll be cold & dark past this.  It had many names but the meaning stayed the same.  This is the last chance to do what you need to do & let go of the rest, the door's nearly closed.  

Tonight's the height of the moon.   There are practices of noting of what you're grateful for, what's been challenging & what needs to left behind.  It's a time for letting go those matters & that you.  I wish I was better at that.  I never have been.  Some of us have been so defined by those challenges, obstacles & things that would destroy us, we're not sure what, if anything, would be left of us, if we were to release those things.

If I had learned how to let go when I was young, I doubt I'd even recognize that version of me.  If those things had been removed, let go of or recovered from, this me would not exist.  It's a thrilling concept, but also a little sad & awful.  This me can only exist if there is the crapfest, trainwreck known as my life.  Isn't that a joyful thought.

Still, the moon makes me smile & let go, even if just a for a brief moment.  I try to look for it as often as I can.  Stars are nice, but none of those wishes ever came true.  The moon's just there, a rare constant in my life.  Look up, remember, try to forgive yourself, let go & make way for the new.  

Take care.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment