Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 10, 2024

OT For Me...

 

Many of the articles out this morning were focused primarily on cultural issues & their relationship with HIV.  There were quite a few on groups, ethnicities & regions I'm not involved with including; domestic violence & how it correlates with HIV.

Most were probably perfectly fine pieces, but not in my wheelhouse.  Then why am I discussing them?  I realize there are a lot of works over HIV that simply do not pertain to me.  That doesn't make them lesser, it just means that they aren't what I post about.  

It's OK to be selective & critical.  I like comic books.  I don't like all comics & don't bother with a large percentage of them out every month.  There are topics, styles, storylines, etc... I don't find interesting.  Even with the comics I do like, I can get very critical of them & drop them for a while or forever.

Just because you like something, doesn't mean you like everything pertaining to it.  You might, but you don't have to.  I like cheese, but I'm not a cheese fanatic.  There are cheeses I definitely do not like.  Some people put cheese on things I would never want it on.  That doesn't mean that I don't like cheese.

Strange venues I know, cheese & comics.  But when you write about something, you need a focus, especially when it's a broad topic.  If you don't hone in, your writing won't have main topic.  HIV is a umbrella subject now, not a focused topic.  I'm interested in things that relate to me, my area, my situation.  That's what I try to write about.

That's all for now, take care.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment