Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Sort Of Whining...

 

My 1st HIV cocktail was a handful of pills 3 times a day & couple solos here & there.  Slowly it dropped to about 6 pills.  Then weirdly down to just 1.  The single pill took some getting used to.  I was sure I was forgetting to do something.  Now, we're well on our way to injections that could last weeks to months. 

Don't get me wrong, it's great.  It should greatly improve regimen adherence.  But I hear some newbies complain how they can't be expected to remember to take a pill every day.  They're complaining about a single pill, when some of us started on dozens.  I know people always want more, but how but 1st you try being grateful for what you have in front of you.  There was a time not so long ago, when there were  no meds for HIV & a lot of people just died.

I get it, you want the next big thing.  But don't dis what came 1st & those who brought it to you.  Be thankful for the efforts that got things where they are, be excited about the new, just stop whining.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment