Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Had Already...

 

Wasn't going to post again this morning.  This Summer has been hard for me.  We're just now having mostly bright days without so much haze.  Too bad the temps are cranked & the days are getting shorter.

There used to be things that kept me going during the season.  We'd have finches & other little song birds.  There was the occasional, "Oh, you're not a cat", groundhog.   But mostly there were lots of butterflies, big moths, dragonflies & hummingbirds.   

I don't see those much anymore.  I don't get to smile because I looked out & saw dragons darting or hummers buzzing about.   For years, I've barely seen hummers & then only on their way back south.  I've only seen a couple of dragons in the distance.  

This morning, I saw my 1st hummer of the year, probably the only hummer of the season.  He's heading south.  He's not full grown, but enough to flit about on his own.  Maybe things knew what a mess I was & let me have a little peep into what used to make me smile.  It's almost harder, knowing I probably won't see him again & may not see any at all next year.  Is it really worth still being here?

Take care.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment