Total Pageviews

Friday, August 30, 2024

It's Ugly But Not Hard...

 

There are always so many articles about stigma & HIV.  I gave up reading them.  There has always been & will always be stigma.  Notice I didn't say against HIV.  I've dealt with the concept most of my life & only later did I have to concern myself with HIV.  There were other things in my life that people stigmatized, like my raging, drunk parents.  

People love to hate, fear, rage.  It gives them a focus.  As a unifying matter of us versus them.  Also as a way not to look inward & see their own flaws & fears.  It's just a stage trick, look at what I'm screaming at not at me or mine.  Don't notice how screwed my life is, look at those horrible people doing those awful things.

People look to degrade others sometimes based on matters they choose, but often for arbitrary things like skin color, sex, handedness.  These emotions may aren't rational & won't be reasoned with.   Stigma is a tool of the angry, scared, dark nature of humans.   

If stigma could have been undone, we wouldn't still have so much violence against women, people of color, different faiths, orientations, etc...   People hurt others because they want to hurt others.  Whatever reason they give is the excuse they use to give themselves permission to be monsters.

Stigma is ugly, but simple.  It's a tool for defense, division & dominance.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment