Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 29, 2024

Less...

 


The 2020's have not been good for me.  It started with Covid.  That caused a lot of hell & the stores have never been the same.  A lot of things I used to buy are never coming back & the prices have soared.

Bit by bit, things have been taken or lessened.  The quality of a lot of things has gone down.   Out internet company is new but sucks.  There's other medical providers & mechanics.  All the tethers we use to ground ourselves are being cut, few by us.

The last couple of years saw my diversions plummet.  Netflix killed DVD's & most of their streaming shows are pretty awful.  Then there were the 2 Hollywood strikes & nothing's recovered from that.  I'm not sure it will.   The comics I read are losing their appeal due to bad writing & art.  

The yard may have cats, but other than the occasional skunk & pissy mockingbird, that's about it.  We lost several flowering bushes & the flowers didn't do well this year.  There have been some lightning bugs but not like last year.  

Time is running out on the best show of the backyard.  I've seen no hummers, bunnies or dragons.  Some could still show, but it's less likely as Summer passes & it gets hotter.  

My health is not doing any better.  Everything takes more & I accomplish less.  Even fixing a small meal, leaves me feeling a wreck.  Things just keep pecking & demanding.

The 2020's have taken my diversions, distractions, my little joys.  They've been replaced with a crappy circus of conservative BS & religious rhetoric.  Great, another election year & olympics.   More stress & less joy.  I wish every conservative & aggressive religious type would fall over & be done.  Then I might have something to smile about.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment