Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Cool Morning...


We never got over 85 yesterday.  Last night was in the mid 60's.  Tonight is supposed to be cooler.  This cool down will only last a bit, but it's appreciated.  Unfortunately, among  the grateful are bugs.  The fleas have been a nuisance lately.  

On another matter, the air in my backyard is missing some things.  I've seen a few tiny hummers & some dragons, but not near what I saw last year.   There are lots of articles over vanishing hummers.  The experts think they may have had a good wildflower crop this year & just didn't come as far in.  It could also be that they altered their migration paths.  Still, I have very few dragons, butterflies, bumbles & honey bees.  Not to gripe, but there's even less wasps.   No one's gardens are doing well this year.  There aren't many pollinators.

I have seen more squirrels & the occasional rabbit.  But even the ever pissed off mockingbirds' numbers are down.   Usually, by now, I've seen the occasional possum or smelt a skunk.  But, not this year.  This year is different & I hope it's not a really bad sign of things to come soon. 

Take care. Hope you're seeing hummers & dragons.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment