Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Word...

Today's blog challenge was to illustrate your favorite word.



You're kidding right?  How the hell is a person in their 40's supposed to pick a favorite word?  Here's a list of some I'm partial to:

  • So
  • Whatever
  • As-if
  • What
  • Really
  • NO!
  • Like
  • Totes/totally
  • Um hmm

That's only part of the g-rated list, I am especially fluent in swearing.  Being from my background I am prone to  speak with as much non-verbal as verbal language.  I talk with my hands.  I am fond of the raised eye look.  I mastered the eye-roll before I could talk.  

Words are important.  We need them to communicate.  Unfortunately most of us don't communicate well.  This is exceptionally disastrous if you can't or won't communicate fully with your health care providers or the other people in your life trying to help you get by.  

There are words I hate to hear.  I would really love to never have another conversation about meds, CD4 counts, labs, doctors' appointments, HIV in general...  That isn't going to happen.  This is my life & those are things I have to regularly discuss & express myself on with doctors & others.

I don't think I can choose a word, I just can't so let it be already....


No comments:

Post a Comment