Total Pageviews

Monday, May 7, 2012

Not You...




This article talks about discrimination involving a person's HIV status & an academic scholarship.  This piece may be about Namibia & China, but the implications are the same everywhere.  People will discriminate against anything, especially illness.

I know full well it's present in my area.  If I had to get a job in this area.  The second they discovered I was +, they'd find a way to get rid of me.  I wouldn't be able to get insurance.  I wouldn't even tell a place I was trying to rent from I was +.  What, you say, isn't this illegal in the USA?  Yes, it is, but try proving it.  

There isn't much more to say on the matter.  Unfortunately the prejudice is there & some people will always act on it.  

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment