Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Still Not With It...

I slept better last night than the 1 before, but I still feel pretty run down.  Maybe tomorrow.  I hope so, I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning.  Its a regular visit.   I'll probably talk to him about my knee that's been acting up a bit.  I need to get my lab results.   I have to go to Tulsa on Monday for the idiots that killed my telemedicine.

I was reading an article about how men in an African study tended to reach lower CD4 rates faster than women.  This is the basis for how they prescribe medications.  Originally, once a person slipped below a count of 350 they were treated.  Now that's up to 500.   The men were getting to these lower levels  2 - 3 times faster than the women.

I'm not interested in the actual article for my purposes today.  I want to point out there are many variables in how HIV impacts people.  Obviously gender is a factor.  There are also things like access to food, good shelter, psychological well being, previous state of health & healthcare, etc...

The very nature of HIV, plus these myriad of variables are some of the reasons this virus is so difficult to handle.  That's why more testing, education & earlier, consistent healthcare are needed to really start winning this battle with HIV.   This is not a simple problem.  There are an amazing amount of variables & obstacles to be dealt with in the war.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment