Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Irritation...




My roomie & me decided to go see the movie Thor today.  We had read the reviews & opted not to see it in 3D.  It'd been a few months since I had been to a theater.  We wanted to get out of the house & just have a fun day.  Going to a movie sounded like a reasonably good idea.

Oh what little we knew.  In February when I went by myself, I paid $8 for the non-matinee ticket & $4 for my drink.  I thought $12 was expensive, but it had been a while since we had gone out anywhere, so what the hell?  Right? Hah!  Let's take a look at those prices, shall we?




Two matinee tickets came to:   $12



Theater special for two large drinks & popcorn cost:  $18




Gas over to the theater in Fort Smith, AR cost:  $10

That comes to a total of:


Now, if I had gotten candy at the theater for the both of us, it would've tacked on $10 more.  That would've been a total of $50.   I would've been another $6 if the movie had been in 3D. I pay around $19 a month for Netflix & can see all the movies the mail can get or that I watch on streaming.  

It's hard to enjoy a movie when you feel like you just got gouged.  There is no movie out there worth paying $20 + to see.  I realize that the gas cost isn't the theater's fault, but still we all have to pay gas to get to theater, so I think it should be taken into consideration.  

Oh well, Thor was an OK movie & this was a lesson learned.  A sad lesson, I used to love going to the theater, but I can't afford to pay that much to see a movie.  Good-bye theater, it was nice knowing you.  Now it's just Netflix & me.




Hope you had a good holiday weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment