Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Comparison...



This isn't the blog post I had intended today, but oh well.   I went shopping today & was a little bit surprised.  How does shopping relate to HIV?  $, is how it relates to my illness.  The more I save, the more I can spend other things I need or that I can save for some later need.

Shopping is modern hunting &  I am pretty good at it, shopping, not hunting.  My roomie  has several small, round plastic clothes hampers like this one.


Her's are dying a slow death, so I started looking for more of them.  Online they are just under $2, but shipping something shaped like that would kill the price.  At Wal-Mart they're almost $3.  I opted to wait until I hit Big Lots to check out there prices on these things. I wound up hitting Dollar General before I got to Big Lots.  I figured I'd look for the hampers in there.  Usually they're a little cheaper than Wally World on these type things.

Hah.  Gone are the days of DG being cheaper than Wally World.  Their hampers were nearly $4 & of a lot lower quality.  I started looking around the Dollar General to check some other prices.  DG used to beat Wally's on cleaners, canned goods & oddities.  That was no longer the case.  Item type for type DG was more expensive.  The only thing I wound up getting were things Wal-Mart doesn't carry.  It seemed DG took Walmart's price & rounded it to the next .25¢ mark.

This wasn't what I wanted to see, but now I know it now & can mark this store off the list.  The point here is that you have to keep your eyes open & pay attention.  Just because one store used to be the cheapest, doesn't mean it still is.  When you're poor, especially if you're on a fixed income, you have watch these things.  It's annoying, but that's just how it is.  I doubt a lot of DG shoppers even notice that they're paying more than they would at Walmart.

Cya


No comments:

Post a Comment