Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Who Knows...

It's been hard finding articles on things I want to go over lately.  Most of them have covered topics I've already go over in abundance or just been fairly negative.  I've had my fill of the negative lately, so I'm opting not to discuss them at this time.  

As I mentioned last year, today is my Sister's birthday.  I won't call her.  I called right before Thanksgiving (US) & wished her happy holidays.  I can safely say it's been years since she's called me.  Even when she's had to cut our call short & said she'd call right back, she didn't.   

This is probably the best relationship I have with any of my family members.  My dad popped back up about   10 or so years ago.  He'd been out of my life since I was 16.  Apparently he'd found AA & managed to stay sober.  We talk occasionally on the phone & I've seen him a couple times when he's drove through to go see family in my hometown, Miami.  

Knowing this & with the stress of the cat's death, it's really been weird lately.  I'm not that uncommon for an HIV + person in the US.  Other than my roomie, I'm on my own.  I used to be very social & outgoing.  I had friends & acquaintances, but those have faded out a long time ago.   I used to be on the go constantly.  I'd go to work or college, then go home to clean up, then go out for the night, wind up getting something to eat & then crashing, only to start the whole thing the next day.  All this time to myself, sucks.  I don't have enough $  to be on the go as much as I used to.  Even if I did there wouldn't be anything to do in the area I'm in.  

I have to admit this is a challenge.  I come across it every once in a while.  Nothing much ever seems to get done about it though.  I don't know if there's much I can do right now.  I'll keep looking.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment