Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Da Dum...

Today is a day that I am not overly fond of at all.  Today is my birthday.  The reason I dislike this day has nothing to do with my actual age.  I'm not that into arbitrary numbers.

The reason is because I've just never really identified with this day or had it be that identified with me.  Growing up, my birthday was always supplanted by Labor Day weekend activities.  If school was actually in session, it was just beginning & no one would have had time to get into the swing of birthdays at school again.  If someone did acknowledge my birthday as a child, it was in the manner they choose & really had little to do with me.

As I got older things didn't change much in regards to this day.  It was a day of other people's activities & a day when a lot of crap just seemed to go wrong for me.  I may have been born on the first of September, but it certainly was not my day.

I've never been a big fan of holidays, I've gotten better with the other "non-me" ones, but I'm still not a fan of this day.  It's just a reminder that I don't identify with it & maybe I don't relate to the age issue, because I never envision myself as my age & never have.   I've never envisioned myself as the person who is physically in this world at that moment.  I just haven't.

Annoying to bad things happen on or around my birthday.  Tires need replaced, parents go on hiatus, pets pass away, etc...  Even when I try to make the best of the day, it seems to flop.  There isn't anyone around to do anything with, the funds are drastically low or there just isn't anything I want to go do.  I've got enough junk, I don't need or even really want any particular thing.  

I guess the only thing I want, is for this day to go away as fast as possible.  The longer it's here, the worse things are apt to get.   If the days on the calendar had Facebook pages, September the first, would not liked by me.  

Wake when it's the second...

Cya

No comments:

Post a Comment