Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Tick Tick Tick...


Tomorrow is the last day of 2017.  My roomie is doing a list of her favorite things from the year.   She suggested I consider it.  I've been trying to, but I haven't succeeded.  2017 has been a really rough year on me.  It's mostly been about bad things or endings.   There were some TV shows I liked.  I thought FX's Feud turned  out well.   I like Christopher Kimball's, Milk Street.   But, nothing's really had me glued to my seat waiting for the next airing.

It probably has more to do with my headspace than these shows & things.   When I think of this year, I mostly remember being exhausted, anxious & stressed.  I can usually find things out my window to make me smile.  It didn't work as well this year.  I did enjoy the rabbits traipsing through our yard.   There were less Hummers & Dragons.  Less flowers & butterflies.  At least there were some lightning bugs.

I've never been the most here & now person, but I was a lot more detached last year.  Feels like I'm fading.  For now I'm here, but it seems like I'm just jumping from distraction to distraction.  It's like being in a video game where if you stand still too long, the floor will drop out from under you.  

I have nothing for 2018.  I don't really have any plans or hopes.  I went into the last several years with those & It only left me disappointed.  Do what you're going to do 2018.  It's not like I can really change any of it anyway.

To hell with 2017.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment