Total Pageviews

Friday, July 5, 2013

Aftermath...

The 4th is gone & hopefully so are the fireworks.  I hate to be a downer, but the noise was just annoying.  We sat on the porch last night & watched the city fireworks display as well as some others.  It was a pretty sight, but smoke was much less enjoyable.

The neighborhood was shrouded in haze from the pyrotechnics.  It made breathing difficult & my eyes water.  I'm still having issues this morning.  I'm glad the lawn guy won't be mowing until this weekend.  I need a break between the smoke & the cut grass.

I try to get into the 4th, but I don't really succeed.  As a kid we shot off a lot, but you couldn't do it in town.  So we always went out somewhere as not to bother people.  Of course, being kids, we did shoot off some in town.   We accidentally sent a bottle-rocket sailing through cop car window as it drove by.  Luckily it went right out the other side before it popped.  A lot of the time, we spent the 4th out camping & canoeing/floating.  That was actually more fun than just watching fire works.    

Well, it's Friday, have a good weekend everyone.


Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment