Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Bit Of A Complaint....

Sometimes I don't find articles I want to or feel comfortable covering.   I can deal with those times.  I try to resist becoming overly politicized or ideological with the things I cover.

What I'm complaining about is the sheer number of articles that aren't articles at all.   Some, merely reiterate other works via bullet points.  Some are bias-based rants.  Others are simply abstracts.  None of these are articles.

What I do is reiteration & opinionating about the articles I've selected.   But this is a blog post, a mere blurb, not an article.  Unless your rant has something relevant to offer in an academic, logical or empirical sense it isn't an article. It's just venting.  

Abstracts are not articles.  They are very brief summations of articles.  This is an abstract of an article covering the process of dealing with psychopharmacology with patients who are +.   This abstract is very concise & says very little.  It isn't supposed to, it's only a preview of the actual article. The article will go into more depth on the subject.

My complaint here is that too many people are posting articles that are actually just abstracts & in all actuality say nothing.   There's this great title of what appears to be a relevant work only to get to it & find the most informative thing about the post was the title.  

I, like many bloggers who cover a specialized topic, look for pertinent pieces to cover.  I don't write the articles.   I merely summarize & react to them.  I've never claimed to do more.    I just wish the people claiming to post articles, understood what 1 actually was.

BTW, this is a sorta rant, so it isn't an article.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment