Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Day...

It's quiet here.  My roomie & I do very subdued holidays.   For people from our kind of backgrounds, the holidays are a not so nice mix of holiday cheer, nostalgia & anxiety.   These were a time of nerves for me as a kid.

We refuse not to acknowledge them.  But, we also know that for us, they'll never be a greatly joyous event free of unwanted memories & stress.  So, we choose to celebrate them in our own way.  We watch holiday specials & sing along with them.  We make our version of a holiday dinner.   We make it as simple as possible, so we don't feel the nervousness of holidays past.  We also don't have to deal with that anti-climatic feeling that often comes with Christmas.

Wherever you are today, I hope your day is going well.  I wish for the best this holiday season & the up coming year.  Take care & be kind to yourself.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment