Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Zenni...

OK, time for a little product placement.   My glasses just got in today.  I ordered them from Zenni Optical.   I had ordered a back-up pair from them in the past.  That pair cost me under $20 US.  I recently had an eye exam & my prescription had shifted.  It wasn't drastic, but it was enough to need new glasses.  Besides my old pair has been on death's door for over a year.

The exam cost me just under $60.  I went home knowing I really couldn't afford a pair from the place I usually get them. So, I opted to return to Zenni.  I really wanted 3 pairs.  I wanted a photochromatic pair, a tinted pair for driving & a plain back-up pair.  I didn't think I'd be able to get all 3 pairs.  I was wrong.  

Including shipping, the entire for 3 sets of glasses was just at $58.  My back up pair was just under $10.  The tinted pair was under $15.  The daily wear, photochromatic pair was about $29 with shipping being at $5.  

I won't tell you these glasses are the same quality as my old pair, but I've had worse.  Those came from  a cheap, chain glasses shop in a strip mall.  Watch TV & you'll see adds for those type places.  They also play fast & loose with pricing.  What you see, is not what you get.  

So far, so good.  It's dreary, so I can't tell how well the photochromatics are going to work yet. All in all, I'm happy with them.  If they break, I'll know what not to order next time & have a back-up pair for the duration.  Not to mention, another single pair would be under $30.  I'll probably be able to afford that.  To this point, I'd recommend Zenni.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment