Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Acknowledgements...

I've talked about acknowledging things before.  Mostly I've referred to recognizing things in your own life  that need acknowledging.  Today I'd like to talk a little about acknowledging others.

Most everyday when I get on Facebook there's a notification of someone's birthday.  It'd be easy just to overlook it & go on with my own stuff.  But, I don't.  I always post something to acknowledge the person's birthday.   It's utterly irrelevant if I know them personally or not.

I won't go through my day thinking, "You know, that person might not receive a single Happy Birthday today."  You might not think that's possible, but it is.  I don't know that many people personally any more.  So few people, basically only my roomie, personally acknowledges my B-Day.  

However, the 1st birthday I had once I got on Facebook I received several messages & such concerning my birthday.   Sure, I don't really know these people & it may have been a knee-jerk response for them.  But you know what?  I don't care.  It was nice to be acknowledged.  I know if I found it nice that others will too.

Try acknowledging people's birthdays on Facebook.  Hold a door for someone & actually make eye contact.  Smile a little more & say hello.  If I had a little more ready $  I'd go back to sending random, greeting cards like I did in college.  People seemed to like them,.  To bad I really don't know anyone to send them to anymore.

It doesn't take a lot to acknowledge someone, but the impact could be huge.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment