Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cut Grass & Storms...

I am very happy today that the people who cut our lawn, could finally get to it.  It was getting really high & seedy.  It took days for it to get to where they could mow it after the storms.  


Not that our yard looks anywhere near this good, (I am not yard proud) but it is far better than it was.  We are expecting more storms this weekend.  If they hadn't gotten to the yard today, they would've had to bring in the bailer & haul off the yard hay. 

Keeping the grass cut does more than make the yard look better, it also cuts down on the bugs.  Right after  the yard gets mowed, the birds swoop down on our yard picking up all the recently revealed insects & vermin.  No to mention, short grass is less inviting to rodents & therefore less interesting to snakes.

Keeping the grass cut down, helps with my allergies.  Once the grass goes to seed, it's much more of an irritant.  Anything that upsets my allergies, upsets my health & therefore my HIV issues.  I used to mow yards myself, but now I just don't have the energy most of the time.  In addition, I have always been somewhat allergic to cut grass, but once I was +, my allergies worsened drastically.

Here's to a fresh cut lawn.

I hope someone genuinely smiles at you today.


No comments:

Post a Comment