Total Pageviews

Friday, July 13, 2018

Tiring & Weird...


We got up & went to the Department of Human Services yesterday morning to apply for Summer Cooling Assistance.   We got there as the doors opened.  I had been told to expect long lines & a significant wait.  The previous 2 days had been a hell-zone for this office.  I'm not sure if it got worse later, but I was the 2nd person there & they had 2 slots for taking the applications.  I got out reasonably quick.  Maybe it got crowded later.  I'm glad I didn't have to deal with a crowd, but the early rise & going down there wrecked my day.

 We got rain yesterday.  We weren't supposed to have any.  This last round puts us to just halfway to the average rain amount for the month.  Every rain we've had in July has been weird & unpredicted.  We had windows open in the car that I had to hurry out to close.  One moment it was hot, humid & still.  Then there were some loud claps of thunder that started a blast of wind & rain.  We got off easy.  Downtown, less than 2 miles away, got winds so hard it tore off roofs & knocked out a transformer.  We were lucky.

Between the unwanted trip & the storm, yesterday was odd & exhausting.  Hope you had a better day.

Cya..

No comments:

Post a Comment