Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Dread & Preparation...


Why would someone my age notice school supplies being pushed at Walmart? It means school starts back in less than a month.  It's the end of Summer & the beginning of Fall.  The light will fade.  

I don't think I can handle a repeat of last year.  It was dark & dreary from mid-September to early May.   It was dry & allergy ridden.   It was very hard on me.

This Summer has been odd.  I've had a reasonable amount of Dragons, but very few Hummers.  I miss the Hummers.  The flowers & shrubs are strange too, they just don't quite look right.   I have had a lot lightning bugs.  That's been great, little blips of childhood joy in the night that make me smile.  

I've done pretty well this Summer.  I've been awake.  I've felt more alive.  I haven't been waking in a panic or spending the day stressed & anxious over nothing in particular.  I was considering meds last Winter to help with my mood, but it seems that what I really need is light. I'm seriously looking into light boxes, but they suggested trying a dawn simulator before investing in a light box.   

I really hope this works.  I don't think I can go through another drear-fest Winter.   Most resources promote light therapy over other forms.  I've not read to many good reactions from people who went on meds just for Seasonal issues.  They also promoted more interaction.  For now, light therapy seems like my best option. We'll see.

I hope so.

Cya....

No comments:

Post a Comment