Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 8, 2015

The Heat, It Is On...

August is here & its packing a hot punch.  Oh boy, he's talking about the weather again.   Yes, I am.  This heat takes a serious toll on me.  It affects how I feel in general, it saps my energy, destroys my digestion & alters my sleep patterns.  So, yes, I'm talking about the weather again.

If  you are + or otherwise chronically ill, there's a good chance the weather impacts your health as well.    There are many medications that leave you very sensitive to heat &/or excessive light.   It can stress your body much more than you may think,   Therefore, its affecting your regimen.

Heat is just another stressor you have to be aware of when you're +.  Maybe some are lucky enough not to be bothered by it.  I'm not.  HIV lowers your tolerance for anything. My meds alter my sensitivity to heat & light.  Making me that much more prone to heat related illness.  Are you?

Cya.

No comments:

Post a Comment