Total Pageviews

Friday, July 8, 2011

Not So Hot...

I am not going to type much today.  Don't let the title mislead you, because the temperature is still soaring & it's about 100 F here at noon.  I am what's not feeling so hot today.  Yesterday, the heat came on like an inferno out of nowhere.  It was OK at one moment & thirty minutes later it was unbearable.  

We were doing some light housework when it hit.  I had been feeling fine & then it was like hitting a brick wall.  The heat overwhelmed me & I had to stop.  I sat for a few minutes & then it really began.  My meds react to light & heat.  My stomach was throwing a fit.  So I was feeling nauseous & headed to bathroom.  I spent a lot of time in the bathroom yesterday with heat induced diarrhea.

Fun topic, I know, but it is the reality of being on my meds in this heat.  I was drinking anything I could to keep hydrated.  The AC was on, but I was melting for for the next several hours.  I wasn't until much later that my body calmed down.  I could finally eat something.  I was beginning to feel normal.

When I got up this morning, I felt the after effects of yesterday's illness.  I was dehydrated, sore & still sort of nauseous.  I am starting to feel better as the day goes on, but the heat is already on us.  There won't be much getting done today.


Cya

Hope you're all doing well


No comments:

Post a Comment