Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Back Inside...

Woke up this morning around 7:30 & putted around until about 9:00, I noticed that the thermometer read around 93 F.  I thought, we still need to go out today & it's already in the mid 90's.  So,  I got my roomie around & we headed out to do our errands.  It wasn't what we had planned, but it meant we didn't have to be out out in 100+ heat later.

Still going out to those errands was by no means pleasant.  The heat might not of soared yet, but the humidity was really cranked.  In the southern states the humidity goes to eleven  (Spinal Tap reference).   We hit the mail box place, got groceries & then stopped to grab a bite to eat.  We wanted to try this newer place, but even though they had been open for an hour, the food would still be ten minutes or longer.  Normally, I'd had waited, but today I had groceries.  So we wound up going elsewhere, then finally home.

At home, we unloaded & packed away groceries.  I shut down the house & cranked the AC.  It still took us almost two hours just to feel normal again.  By noon it was 101 & feeling like 105F with the heat index, back in the heat advisory mode for the day.  The rest of the day shall be spent inside.

Cya tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment