Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

3.. 2... 1...

2015 is almost over, there are just 3 days remaining.  This time last year I was ready for 2014 to be out the door.  I'm not in that place now.   This has been an odd year & I've been all over the place, but it hasn't been a bad year.  There were some upsets, but nothing insurmountable. 

The theme of the articles I've been reading the last few days has been shame.   I hasn't mattered if the article was dealing with being + or something else,: fat, sexually active, politically inactive, etc...  There's always a push for people to try to make others feel less about themselves.  It's stupid, but that's what some people do to build themselves up.  

It doesn't matter the reason, but whenever someone is trying to shame you, they're actually trying to tear you down.  Only those beneath you would try to tear you down.  Only those fearful for their own position in life would go on the attack over such matters as being +.

I finally got around to watching The Normal Heart.  It was gut wrenching.   I hate it how they tried to destroy the character Ned Weeks.   Ned was everything they needed & asked for, but couldn't handle.  The people the characters Ned & Tommy were based off were the only 1's worth mentioning in that sad group.  Their actions were what got things to happen, not those other closet cases.  If you haven't seen the play or the film, you should.

The final rain totals for my area are ranging from a conservative 9 to a high of 12".  That's a lot of rain.   A lot of roads in my area are closed.  Hopefully, the water will recede soon.

Stay dry.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment