Total Pageviews

Friday, June 5, 2015

More Little Things...

Its been weird without a porch cat, really quiet.  I didn't realize how much noise they made.  Without Hex, the others haven't been around.  There's been no fussing or racing across the porch.   I've not been woke up by cat fights. 

I don't have to go check on the porch now.  I still do, but I don't have to.  Its just a habit.   

Today was nice.  I got to watch the neighbor's white cat try to climb the crepe myrtle.    A lot birds live in the top of this old bush.   It never really gets cut back, so its 15+ feet tall.   Still the bush is deceptive.  The start of the climb is easy for them, but that quickly changes.   So far, I've not seen any cat make it near the nests or the birds.   Its fun to watch them try, sort of like a rigged carnival game .

With fewer cats, the local squirrels have grown more comfortable with the yard.   They race about hiding their finds.  If they're lucky, the birds don't immediately go pluck up the hidden treasures.

Porch life has changed, mostly come to a halt.  Still, the yard has birds & the like.  Maybe soon the hummingbirds will show up & the dragonflies. I know, I can be easily distracted.  Its the little things.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment