Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Yuck...




I normally don't blog about products, but I'm making an exception.   Let's set things up with 2 statements.   I often find myself too tired or distracted for full on cooking, so I look for short cuts or pre-cooked items.   2nd, my meds are all prone to cause gastrointestinal distress; gas, bloating, discomfort, sour stomach, diarrhea, etc...  I don't need anything complicating my day or irritating my digestion.  

I bought & made a new-to-us soup mix.  It was Bear Creek Tortilla Soup.   This was a monumental mistake.  I followed the instructions, yet it didn't cook all the way.  The veggies in the 1st round were still crunchy.  (BTW, who puts carrots in tortilla soup anyway?)  I thought it'd be fine for lunch the next day.  The soup set in the fridge overnight & then got reheated.  Any veggie should've be done in by then.  Still, the vegetation was dubious.

Most soups & the like get better setting over night.  This soup did not.   In fact, it got worse.  After the 2nd pass at it, we finished off the soup.  Then we decided it wasn't worth getting again.   

A few hours late, both my roomie & I started having serious stomach issues.  There was a lot of bloating & discomfort.  Then the horrendous gas began.  The flatulence was so bad the cats ran off & hid.  It was a nasty experience all around.

  • The soup didn't cook according to instructions
  • The soup didn't taste good
  • It tasted worse the next day
  • It gave our stomachs serious hell
This soup is off my buy list.  I won't even buy anything else from this company.  Sorry, Bear Creek, but this time its 1 strike & you're out.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment