Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Endings...

I know this is the season for thanks, but I'm sort of in a funk right now.   I don't mind Thanksgiving, it's about food.  Still, there are things going on that have left me a little odd.

I have been following a series on Netflix.  It's a British show & I'm only in season 8, but I know it ends at 11.  How very Spinal Tap of them.  It just got me to thinking.  What am I going to watch after that?  Will there be anything close enough to it or at least similar?  

I've got at least 24 more episodes & I'm already wondering what's going to happen once I finish this series that I've grown to like so much.  I feel the same way about the upcoming conclusion to the Hobbit trilogy.  

There seems to be so many endings in my life recently.  Things I've let go of.  Things that have ended or gone away.   That's just life.  But, I don't seem to be bringing in any thing new in to replace those exiting my life.  

Sure, this is just a TV show & a movie.  But, it's also something I share with my roomie.   Life keeps peeling back the layers & I'm not sure how much more it has to offer.  I almost don't want to watch the final episodes of my show or  see the last movie.  It's sort  of like telling myself, it never ended, the show just went on forever.  

Friendships, TV shows, animals all come with endings.  I don't like it, but they do.   When I was young & living with my mother, we moved about constantly.  I never got to finish anything or get too attached to stuff.   Sometimes, I wonder if that was the better way.

I'm tired of seeing things leave my life.  I'm not seeing many avenues of bring new things into it.  Most often, the only new things coming aren't things I ever wanted. Maybe I'm just getting older or too tired for any of this.  I don't know.  But, I do know I will love & hate the last moment of the Hobbit.  It will be the last time my roomie & I can set before the screen watching hobbits, elves, dwarves & others ride off into the credits.  

I guess I'm just tired of the mono no aware of life.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment