Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tuesday & It's Cold...

Yesterday, while out running some errands, we decided to get something to eat.  This may have been my roomie's primary motivation for the trip in the 1st place.  We'd just found a new Thai place & their food was pretty good.  Especially considering, I don't think the the people who run it are Thai.  Most Asian restaurants of any kind in my area are Vietnamese.  While there are some killer Vietnamese places, their take on Chinese is seriously lacking.  We're pretty sure the Thai food was being filtered via a Vietnamese approach.

Still, it had been pretty good the 1st go around & I'm very fond of Pad Thai.  This time it wasn't quite as good, but my roomie loved her Lad Na.  I noticed the taste difference almost immediately, but didn't think much about it.  It could've been 2 different cooks.  

Later that night, the bad side of it kicked in.  It may or may not have been MSG.  I know some people don't think MSG does anything to you at all, but I think the case is open on that matter.  My roomie napped almost immediately after getting home.  I was very drowsy & went to bed early last night.    I woke up this morning, a little nauseous & spent a lot of time in the bathroom.  

It figures, we find a new place & it tries to do us in.  Hopefully, it was just a 1 time thing & not the normal for this restaurant.  Finding something around here besides glunky fake Chinese food is hard.  Still, neither of us feel all that great today.  Add to all of this, the cold has come back into our area.  

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment