Total Pageviews

Friday, January 11, 2013

Literature...





I don't normally talk about literature of the dramatic type here.   This article is about a memoir of a man whose father died of AIDS.  More importantly it centers on the questions that surrounded his perception of his father's illness.  It looks like a good read.

I can only attest to my own issues & experience with HIV.  I can't imagine having to walk through this illness with someone close to you, especially at the time this memoir is set.  It's easy to forget the people on the sidelines; family members, friends, caretakers & the like.

HIV is a disease that affects us like few others.  The virus itself can be devastating & deadly, but the stigma & ignorance surrounding AIDS can be significantly worse.  Fear, ignorance, confusion, hatred, misinformation, uncertainty, lies, shame are all good ways to describe the emotions surrounding the early years of HIV.

I may have to look for this book.   Maybe I can actually get myself to read it.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment