Total Pageviews

Monday, March 19, 2012

Brief...

My net is being a pain today.  So, I'll tell you of a common theme I've been reading lately, co-infection.  Many + people are also infected by other communicable diseases such as TB, Hep C & Syphilis.  I'd imagine it was probable they'd also carry a host of other ailments transmitted via sexual contact, needle sharing or blood.

This doesn't seem like much of a surprise to me, but it seems like ground shaking news to the medical communities.  Why?  I don't know.  It's a common sense approach to test the + patients for all these ailments in the beginning of treatment.  I had this done & my doctors acted like it was just SOP.

I guess all I can say on this matter is that if you're +, then you should make sure you get tested for these type  of diseases as well.  The sooner you're diagnosed, the sooner you can get treatment.

Cya

No comments:

Post a Comment