Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Permission....

I've talked about my decision to alter my schedule so it doesn't leave me running all day.  Somehow, Wednesday mornings always wind up being crammed full.   I was trying to get my regular stuff done, the things that needed to be done on that day finished & exercising.  I was trying to cram way too much stuff in far too little time.  It was rushing me.  I hate being rushed.

I was left feeling tired & irritated.  I wasn't happy that I hadn't gotten everything done that I'd wanted to.  Finally, I accepted there wasn't enough time to accommodate everything & something had to give.   I let Wednesday mornings become a stretch only morning without any further exercise.  

I only did stretches this morning.  I got through the rest of my morning things & got breakfast around.  I managed to gather trash & take it to the curb.  I did all this & I didn't feel hurried or frantic.  I managed to get some steps in later in the morning, almost noon.  

I still managed to get through what I need to do.  I just prioritized for the day.  I have to say giving my self permission not to exercise on Wednesday mornings has greatly improved this day.  I am not ragged or tense.  I did get some exercise in before noon.  I'm very happy with this decision.  What does it matter if I get my morning regimen in, if I'm left stressed, tired & anxious for the rest of the day?  This is a better approach for me.  Sometimes you have to reexamine things & restructure them.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment