Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Angry, Embarrassed, Relieved...

 

The plumber finally came.  He told us the problem wasn't a hard fix & had it handled fairly quickly.  He also told us it had probably been there a while & we hadn't noticed.  The noise we heard in the pipes was most likely the city cleaning lines.  It may not have had anything to with our house.

While I am relieved, I'm also angry.  If the city had given notice, we might have considered the noise we heard had been them.  If my family had taught me a fraction of the practical skills they had, then I might have been better equipped to handle the situation.   My family taught me precious little.  What I do know, I gleaned watching people or learned via trial & error.  Now, the net & youtube make things a lot easier. 

I'm angry, because the 1st guy that came made this seem like a huge problem.   He would've probably tried to replace the entire line.  Which would've possibly cost 1,000s.  

I'm embarrassed for my lack of knowledge.  I do my best not to be so ignorant about things.  Still there are areas I know nothing about.  I can do research to try, but it doesn't always work.  Especially, not when I'm rattled, stressed & panicking.  

For now it's handled.  It'd be nice if nothing else craps out for a long while.  The people of this house need a serious moment to catch their breath & recuperate. 

That's all for now, take care.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment