Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

McStigma...



According to this article, a McDonald's in Bentonville, AR fired an employee shortly after learning he was +.   This is a violation of the ADA.  So was requiring employees to reveal all prescribed medications they're take.    This is an EEOC lawsuit.  It won't just disappear for the franchise owners.

I'm conflicted on this 1.  I don't want people getting fired because they're +.  But, I also don't want to have people with communicable diseases fixing my food.  These include; TB, the flu, hepatitis & yes HIV.  I know once viral levels are undetectable chances for transmission are low.  But there is still a chance & food prep involves knives.   Also, undetectable is a great measure as long as the person is sticking to their regimen & their labs are fairly current.

So, while legally this person shouldn't have been fired for being +, I'd rather not eat food prepared by sick people.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment