Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Not Happy...



I don't normally write my blog  this early, but something's been irritatingay.  I had a dental cleaning & it didn't go as planned.   My cleaning used to go:  greeting, initial look over, primary scraping (or whatever that's called), then there's intense flossing, then there's the blower to check for anything missed, then the final clean up & rinse.  Once a year, x-rays are taken.  Afterwards, the dentist comes in & give my teeth a quick look over.  The process used to take about 45 - 50 minutes.  With about 35 - 45 going to the initial cleaning.

Not yesterday.  I was in the chair for almost an hour.   The 1st 2/3 of the time, the dental hygienist was grumbling as she used a probe I hadn't seen before.  The probe was going between my teeth & the computer.  She was measuring my teeth.  I asked & she told me, it's part of the new company protocol.  Each tooth has over 14 measurements.  It took forever.  

She eventually got the rest of the cleaning, but only has an hour allotted for the appointment.  I didn't get the level of cleaning I normally do. The hygienist seemed frustrated with the process.  To top it off, my dentist wasn't even in the building.  He's only in 2 days a week now & he has a couple of other dentists that come in other days, just not Mondays.  I guess, if I'd had an emergency, I'd been screwed.

I've been with this dentist office, Dental Solutions with Dr. Stephen Wilson for years.  He's done great work for me & I really liked his office.   A week after my last cleaning I got an email.  It was to inform me that the office had been sold to Bold Dental.   I was told not to worry, nothing was changing, it'd just give them access to better options.  BS! A lot changed.  My hygienist was frustrated, my dentist was absent, the front office staff was different & they changed to Crest/Oral B.  I've never liked Crest products & they recently had a lot of their products pulled from the shelves over micro-beads,  The beads caused a lot of dental issues, especially with the gums.  

I've put a lot into to this relationship with my dentist office.  I've paid $1,000's  past insurance.   My dentist sold out & didn't even have the nerve to tell me the last time he saw me.  Coward.   Being HIV+ can make finding any doctor hard.  Finding 1 you like, even more so.  I lucked out finding this office, but now Dental Solutions is gone & it's crappy specter, Bold Dental remains.  I have another cleaning in 6 months.  I like my hygienist, so I'll go back for that.  But if she leaves or it gets any weirder, I'm gone.  I guess I'll just have to wait for the next time I actually need a dentist to see how that goes.  

I seriously, F'N hate this.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment