Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

One A Day...




This article discusses something I'd figure was common sense.   Only having to take 1 pill a day increases a person's likelihood of following a medical regimen.   Not trying to be too sarcastic, but well, Duh!  Taking 1 pill a day would be a delight, especially if it didn't matter when you took it or if you had eaten or not.  When I started taking my meds I was on Fortovase.    I had to take 18 of those horse pills a day broken into 3 increments & it had to after I had eaten something.  That didn't mention my other meds, some of which had to be taken on an empty stomach, at least an hour before eating anything.  So, yes, simplicity is a good thing.

Besides regimen adherence, the study also found other aspects of these patients' lives were better than those on multiple  pill regimens.  They had better blood work, were less likely to develop complications & were less likely to be hospitalized.  The numbers are pleasing.  Maybe my regimen can be like this some day.  Right now, I take 8 pills a day specifically for HIV, plus several supplements/vitamins.  Hey, it's better than it used to be.

Cya...


No comments:

Post a Comment