Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Seasonal Stickage, Follow Up...

I mentioned briefly yesterday that I got my lab results back in & they  were better than I had expected them to be.  Last time, some of my numbers took a hit & now they had not only recovered but gained some ground.

A couple of things about labs with HIV.  First, one low lab result doesn't really mean all that much.  Second, anything can affect your numbers.  If you get a low result, wait until the next lab draw before you start panicking. If you get a less than desirable result consider what's changed in your life.  Consider any of the following:

  • Currently ill
  • Allergies
  • Stress
  • Exposure to chemicals
  • Failure to take meds properly
  • Dietary changes
  • Any non-HIV meds or supplements
Any of these things & countless others can affect your lab results.  So, don't freak out on one low score.

Cya

No comments:

Post a Comment