Total Pageviews

Monday, October 31, 2011

31st...

It's the last day of the month.  Sort of sad.  I like October & this takes us deeper into the dreaded holiday season.  It's like being in a boat heading towards a waterfall with no motor or paddles, ahead Thanksgiving Rapids & Holiday Falls.  You know it's coming & you can't avoid it, it's inevitable. 

Today is Halloween.  I like what Halloween reminds me of from my childhood.  I love the Great Pumpkin. It's brisk here.  Those poor kids in the northeast US with their Snotober.  I wonder if they can even trick or treat at all in that mess.  Tomorrow's news we'll talk about little Bobby lost somewhere in the snow during his rounds of trick or treating.  A real holiday tragedy.  From here out anytime there's snow on Halloween you'll hear little Bobby pleading for help from with the snow drifts.

So October, it's been nice seeing you again.  You were a good month.  There was pleasant weather & not too much rain.  Only my glasses got broken & not a water heater, oxygen sensor or some other ungodly priced thing.   I even got my glasses fixed today.  Luckily, Lenscrafters didn't charge me for the repair.  I picked up my replacement pair of glasses as well & they'll do fine. 

It's been nice, until next year October.

Cya

No comments:

Post a Comment