Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 26, 2019

Cortisol Suckage...


I've had a few not great mornings this Fall.  This was my 1st super-stressed wake-up.  Some mornings I wake terrified or worried about everything.  Sometimes I feel like I've been given a heart-shot of adrenaline & I'm in a fight or flight moment, but I can't choose either.  Then there are murder mornings.  There are times when I wake up that I'm so seriously angry I could kill the world.  I might feel bad about in a hour or so, but in that moment I'd do it & laugh like an madman.

All those mornings have somethings in common.  I never feel rested.  I'm exhausted & sore.  Even after I come down, I'm still edgy for hours.  The villain of this story is cortisol.

This piece talks about morning anxiety.  It details the symptoms & their relation with the hormone cortisol.  This piece talks about how cortisol affects mental states.  Cortisol can affect blood pressure.  Its production can be affected by a host of environmental factors & health conditions, such as HIV.

Cortisol may be necessary, but it is such a bitch.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment