Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Semi-Anniversary...


6 months ago, the day before Valentine's (AKA 2 days before cheap chocolate day), I developed a brain bleed & was taken to the ER.   They did a  CT scan, I had a hemorrhagic stroke.  I was life-flighted to St. John's Hospital in Tulsa.  I was there until the 15th.  I had more tests; MRI's, CT scans, echocardiogram & constant monitoring as they watched how I responded to the meds.  My blood pressure had spiked & they got it down.  I was sent home a follow-up appointment. 

During this time, I've tried & been taken off a statin.  It was more of a precaution than need, my cholesterol numbers are usually good.   There have been more tests, imaging & trips to Tulsa.  They say they can no long see the bleed on my MRI's.  There was some irritation from the event, but they felt it would diminish.  I go back in December.

I still have some stiffness in my left shoulder blade area & ankle.  It's not as bad & doesn't tend to hurt.   It can get much worse with high humidity.  It can also be very tiring.  Holding a position for long periods isn't comfortable.  So, I'm fidgeting even more than normal.   For now that's it.  I'm taking my meds & checking in with my doctors.   We'll see in December.

My labs for my telemedicine seemed fine.  Take care.

Cya...


No comments:

Post a Comment