Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Seasonal....



I always feel like the holidays really begin when a few things happen.  I don't usually see snow anymore this time of year.  But, Thursday while shopping, I heard the 1st holiday song of the season & it was the 1 that makes me think Christmas is nearly here.  They were playing Burl Ives, Holly Jolly Christmas.  That song always makes me think of the holidays.

Yesterday morning, I was looking out my window at all the brown landscape.  Then there was a pop of festive color.  The cardinals were back.   Little red birds flitted from bare limb to the ground to the neighbor's roof.   Their shrill little song rang out.

The north wind is blowing & the temperature keeps falling.  Next  Friday is Black Friday & that evening the TV will be filled with Christmas specials.    Way too early for my sake.

Like it or not the holidays are nearly here.  Less than a week for Thanksgiving & 5 weeks until Christmas.   Just around 6 weeks left in 2016.  It's almost time for the turkeys, ornaments & noise makers.

Happy Holidays

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment