Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Cold To Hot...

I'm a tea drinker.  I'm not some aficionado or snob, but I like my tea.  I like your basic black, basic green, gun powder, Oolong & some non-tea tea's like apple & peppermint.    I'm not too into most fruity teas, they taste like Kool-Aid to me.  Most of the year, when it's warmer, I stick to black & green ice tea.  I don't like a lot of flavorings.  Slightly sweetened & that's it, other than the ice.

Now the season is changing & the mornings are frosty, I'm heading back to hot tea.  I like hot tea because it warms my hands when I drink it. The steam off of it clears my sinuses & relaxes my facial muscle.  The hot tea helps clear my throat & warm me from the inside out.    As much as I like ice tea, sometimes hot tea is a miracle drink.  It can do more to warm me up & loosen my sinuses than just about anything else.  

For some tea is a ritual.  Some of those are very beautiful.  For me, tea is just part of life.  Tea is 1 of the criteria I use to judge restaurants.  If you can't make good pot of tea & keep it fresh in a clean vessel, then why I would I possibly think you can do anything else.  Making tea is fairly simple.  Keeping the kettle & carafe clean should be habitual.  If your tea ware isn't clean & you're serving me from it, how clean is your kitchen?

For my household tea is a simple pleasure, but 1 that helps us get through the day.  Those things should be respected & appreciated.  What's your simple pleasure that makes getting by  in life easier?

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment