Total Pageviews

Friday, October 18, 2013

Breathing Rough...

The change in the seasons is really catching up with me.  The allergens are still high & the atmosphere has is more conducive to breathing issues.  I'm having a lot of sinus drainage & clearing my throat a lot.  Cold & Flu season is almost upon us.   I need to go get my flu shot.

For someone with HIV, keeping tabs on respiratory things is very important.  We're susceptible to ailments such as colds, flu, bronchitis & pneumonia.  My breathing affects how I function & how well I sleep.  If my sleep is off, I'm off.   My health is affected by these things, so I try to pay attention to them.

Right now, I'm just dealing with some aggravated sinuses.  Around the 1st of the month I'll get vaccinated for the flu again.  I know some people are against vaccinations.  But I think not getting 1 is a bigger risk for a + person. 

Do you have your shots up to date?  Flu. Pneumonia, Tetanus, etc...  When's the last time you were tested for TB?  These are important things for everyone, but especially someone living with HIV or other chronic illnesses.  If you don't know the answer to these questions, you should get your shots up to date.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment