Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

ER HIV...

 

A a good place for HIV testing is an ER, ED or Trauma Center.  This brief piece is about using hospitals emergency departments to boost HIV testing.  This has been a topic for over a decade & still needs addressing.  

I was tested many times before I was diagnosed.  It was the late 90s & they were free places, so I don't know why I didn't test + before.  I was sick for a long time before I went to the ER.  There the test came back, HIV+.  Other than the ER, the only other option  in my area would've been the Health Department.   

Without the ER, I wouldn't have found out my status.  I'd been tested & trusted the previous results.  I hadn't been sexually active in between.  Either my last test was too soon to detect the virus or it was a false reading.   Either way, without the ER, I may have died before knowing.

Give this a read.  Take care.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment